Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I may never sleep again

There are some things that I think that the average person should not dawdle in. I believe ghosts top that list; however, they seem to be talked about frequently in American Samoa. People believe in the presence of ghosts here because of their love affairs with the dead. You get more respect and friends when you die than you do in your actual life. There is no such thing as cemeteries here. Instead people bury their dead in their front yards, but the graves are not marked with simple gravestones. They are shrines built for them, and it isn't surprising if the dead have better accommodations than the living. Anyway, there are supposed to be two ghosts living with me, or I should say on the property that I live on. One was living on the premises when the Ashley's moved in. His grave was here, but when the family moved they took the grave with them. The ghost is a Samoan male veteran from WWII. I haven't seen him but one of the girls has. They said that they (a group of 5 or more) saw him walking around the porch of the house during the last hurricane. There is also supposed to be a second female ghost. I don't know much about her yet, because I can only handle this kind of information in small chunks. There is supposed to be a haunted girls school here which some of the people have been too. I saw a picture of one of the halls and I am not kidding you can see a face. It is so real that it makes me want to either cry or throw up, I just haven't decided which yet. I can't know this kind of information and live by myself. I could possibly never sleep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home