Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Im a killer

There are 3 disturbing events that are currently taking place in my home. One is that I have a rat. I haven't seen him, but I know he is there. I have been super clean too, so it is really weird. I was sitting at my kitchen table/desk and I could hear something behind me. I looked and looked but to no avail. I couldn't find the sucker. Then I realized that he is running havoc in the wall. In the wall or in the house makes no difference to me. It is all too close for comfort. The second creepy thing is that I was coming in my front door this morning and smelled a "dead smell" in the threshold. I didn't think much about it because the island on a whole stinks, that is until I looked up. I killed a gecko. I didn't do it on purpose, but I did it none the less. He got smashed in the door, but the nasty thing is that his arms, head, and tail are stuck to the top of the door, but the inside of his body is all over the inside of the door frame. This leaves me at a crossroads. What do I do? Do I scrape it off? or do I leave it and hope that it just disappears? I just don't know. The third thing is cockroaches. I have heard about these giant cockroaches but had yet to see one in my house until this morning. I was washing my hair when I looked up and noticed the biggest cockroach I have ever seen. This cockroach had to be 3 or more inches long. I didn't even have the urge to scream probably because I was frozen in terror. I went to the store and bought bulk cockroach killer today. When you buy any kind of insect killer at the store you can only get it in one variety...large insect.

Today was an exciting day because I had a car. On this day of freedom I was able to get all my errands done plus some. I even went to one of the many sewing shops on the island and had them make me a skirt. I don't know how much it will cost or when it will be done, but I have faith in my new friend, the seamstress. Apparently you can take a picture of anything that you want into the shop and they can whip it out for you. I went to one of the nicer places today, but tomorrow I am going to go to another place to see how they do. My mind is racing with all the things that I could have them make, but it comes to a complete halt when I realize I have no money. Oh to live the life of a teacher is to live the life of poverty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 Search Engines?
About's websearch blog is currently running a 100 search engines in 100 days series I am sure that if one really wants he can find 100 search engines, but I doubt you can find 100 search engines worth writing ...
I just found your blog and I think it is really good!
I will be paying you another visit to see any new posts!

I have a yeast related site. It covers most Natural Remedy stuff.
If you have time, please come over and take a look.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cel
who are these peeps replying to your blog? don't tell me that you are in some kind of online chat group or something . . .
i'm laughing it up right now.
xoxo calli
p.s. take up that pen pal offer!!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home